The free library was originally built by the Carnegie Trust over 100 years ago in 1910 in a street that took its name from the library.
Carnegie Street has since disappeared and has now been replaced by a car park, but the building remains and has changed very little.
Recently acquired by Ellesmere Port Electrical Engineers and Contactors, The Rosebery Group Limited, to celebrate their thirtieth successful year in business, the building has been sympathetically refurbished and modernised to house the headquarters of their expanding control panel and switchboard manufacturing division.
During the past 30 years, The Rosebery Group have made a significant contribution to the local economy and currently provide direct employment for over 100 people. They continue to provide a high level of expertise in the electro-technical industry to a wide range of manufacturing, production, research and commercial facilities, throughout the United Kingdom and Europe.
And for the next 30 years ….. The Rosebery Group aim to remain successful, to continue to provide the services and expertise which are of great benefit to clients in their quest for success and to provide worthwhile employment and care for all of their staff. In short, to continue to provide ‘Electrical Engineering Excellence’.